[GENERAL] pg_dump not dropping event trigger

От Greg Atkins
Тема [GENERAL] pg_dump not dropping event trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a DB with an event trigger, which I am dumping with

pg_dump -Fc --no-acl --no-owner [db_name] > [dump_file]

In my dump file, I can't find any DROP EVENT TRIGGER statement.

In src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c, dumpEventTrigger() calls ArchiveEntry() with a "" argument for the dropStmt parameter. Is
itintended to create an entry with no DROP statement?

To be more precise, my scenario is the following:
* I wish to backup & restore a DB which contains an event trigger
* I can't drop the DB and re-create it before restoring
* I can't have CREATE EVENT TRIGGER throw errors about the trigger already existing

What is the recommended procedure?