Re: [HACKERS] JSONB - JSONB operator feature request

От David Fetter
Тема Re: [HACKERS] JSONB - JSONB operator feature request
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 01:36:32PM +0200, david.turon@linuxbox.cz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some users and me used hstore - hstore for example storing only changed
> rows in trigger like:
>
> hsore(NEW) - hstore(OLD)
>
> There isn't same operator/function in JSON/JSONB. We can only remove keys
> from JSONB, but not equal key-value pairs. Is there any chance to have
> same feature with JSON/JSONB in postgres core?

Here's one slightly modified from http://coussej.github.io/2016/05/24/A-Minus-Operator-For-PostgreSQLs-JSONB/

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION jsonb_minus ( arg1 jsonb, arg2 jsonb )
RETURNS jsonb
LANGUAGE sql
AS $$
SELECT COALESCE(json_object_agg(       key,       CASE           -- if the value is an object and the value of the
secondargument is           -- not null, we do a recursion           WHEN jsonb_typeof(value) = 'object' AND arg2 ->
keyIS NOT NULL         THEN jsonb_minus(value, arg2 -> key)           -- for all the other types, we just return the
value          ELSE value       END   ), '{}')::jsonb

FROM jsonb_each(arg1)
WHERE arg1 -> key IS DISTINCT FROM arg2 -> key
$$;

CREATE OPERATOR - (   PROCEDURE = jsonb_minus,   LEFTARG   = jsonb,   RIGHTARG  = jsonb
);

I suspect that there's a faster way to do the jsonb_minus function
internally.

Best,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays