[BUGS] BUG #14747: Postgres installation failing as non-root user

От durgas009@gmail.com
Тема [BUGS] BUG #14747: Postgres installation failing as non-root user
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      14747
Logged by:          Durgadatta Sahu
Email address:      durgas009@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.0
Operating system:   RHEL-7.2-x86_64

I am using postgresql-linux-x64.run to install postgres on RHEL-7.2-64bit
machine . (Red Hat Enterprise Linux-7.2 (Maipo))
I am using following command to extract:

postgresql-linux-x64.run --mode unattended --extract-only yes --prefix
/home/durga/pg_dir/

During extraction its throwing error

"There has been an error.
Error changing ownership of /home/durga/pg_dir/bin to root"

If I am installing it as root/sudo user its working fine. Please suggest me
how to work with NON-ROOT user ?