Re: [GENERAL] What is exactly a schema?

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: [GENERAL] What is exactly a schema?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 08:59:13 -0300
marcelo <marcelo.nicolet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you.
> Now I have a related question.
> Could I select a specific schema in the connection string? Say, by
> example database=mydb.schemanumbertwo ?
>
> I'm asking this because I will be using Devart's dotConnect and Entity
> developer to access the database. I have not full control, so I cannot
> set the search path immediately after the connection.
>
> If the first example is possible, I will replace the schema name on the
> fly, before connection attempt.

I don't think you can do exactly what you're asking. However, you should
be able to achieve the same result by setting a default schema for the
user that you're connecting as. See the docs for ALTER ROLE and SET.

--
Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] What is exactly a schema?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] What is exactly a schema?