Re: [HACKERS] pg_terminate_backend can terminate background workersand autovacuum launchers

От Yugo Nagata
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_terminate_backend can terminate background workersand autovacuum launchers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 19:43:35 -0400
Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

> Alvaro, all,
>
> * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> > Yugo Nagata wrote:
> >
> > > I tried to make it. Patch attached.
> > >
> > > It is easy and simple. Although I haven't tried for autovacuum worker,
> > > I confirmed I can change other process' parameters without affecting others.
> > > Do you want this in PG?
> >
> > One advantage of this gadget is that you can signal backends that you
> > own without being superuser, so +1 for the general idea.  (Please do
> > create a fresh thread so that this can be appropriately linked to in
> > commitfest app, though.)
>
> Well, that wouldn't quite work with the proposed patch because the
> proposed patch REVOKE's execute from public...

Yes. It is intentional to revoke execute from public because we need
to change configuration before signaling other backend and it needs
superuser privilege.

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>