Re: [HACKERS] shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: [HACKERS] shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

At Sun, 25 Jun 2017 09:20:10 +0900 (JST), Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote in
<20170625.092010.542143642647288693.t-ishii@sraoss.co.jp>
> > I don't have a clear opinion on this particular issue, but I think we
> > should have clarity on why particular files or code exist.  So why do
> > these files exist and the others don't?  Is it just the license?
>
> I think so.
>
> Many of those files are from http://ftp.unicode.org. There's no
> license description there, so I think we should not copy those files
> for safety reason. (I vaguely recall that they explicitly prohibited
> to distribute the files before but I could no find such a statement at
> this moment).

The license for the files is seen in "EXHIBIT 1" in the following URL.

http://www.unicode.org/copyright.html

Roughly it claims that the copied files or software containing
the copy of thefiles should be accompanied by the same copyright
notice, or it should be seen in associated documentation. So we
could contain the files by adding some notice but fially we
decide not to contain them in the repository, I think

> gb-18030-2000.xml and windows-949-2000.xml are from
> https://ssl.icu-project.org/. I do not know what licenses those files
> use (maybe Apache).
>
> Regarding euc-jis-2004-std.txt and sjis-0213-2004-std.txt are from
> http://x0213.org. The license are described in the files.

I'm not intending to insisnt on removing them if someone strongly
wants to preserve them, since their existence don't harm
anything.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi