Re: [HACKERS] Incorrect documentation about pg_stat_activity

От Yugo Nagata
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Incorrect documentation about pg_stat_activity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:14:53 +0530
Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 7:48 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > On 21 June 2017 at 16:15, Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> >> I'm sorry, I forgot it. I attahed this.
> >
> > Thanks, will apply.
>
> The patch is adjusting documentation for the observed behaviour. But I
> don't see a justification as to why the observed behaviour is correct
> one? Was there a commit which allowed startup process to be part of
> pg_stat_activity but forgot to update the documentation or the current
> behaviour is unintentional and probably needs to be fixed?

I confirmed the pg_stat_activity documentation and this says "startup"
can be backend_type column's value, so I believe the behaviour is intentional.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/monitoring-stats.html#pg-stat-activity-view

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>