Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum launcher occurs error when cancelled bySIGINT

От Yugo Nagata
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum launcher occurs error when cancelled bySIGINT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 13:12:48 +0900
Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 9:15 PM, Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
> > This errors continue until this process is terminated or the server is restarted.
> >
> > When SIGINT is issued, the process exits from the main loop and returns
> > to sigsetjmp, and calls dsa_attach() before entering into the loop again,
> > this causes the error.
> >
> > We can fix it by calling dsa_attach() before sigsetjmp. Attached is the patch.
>
> Your fix looks like a bad idea to me. If the shared memory area does
> not exist after an exception occurred the process should be able to
> re-attach to the shared memory area if it exists or create a new one
> if that's not the case. That should not be a one-time execution.

Thank you for your comment. I overlooked it and now I understand it.

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>

От: Yugo Nagata
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_terminate_backend can terminate background workersand autovacuum launchers