Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Restart logical replicationlauncher when killed

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Restart logical replicationlauncher when killed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-06-22 08:46:35 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 4:16 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Restart logical replication launcher when killed
>
> -           /* The logical replication launcher can be stopped at any time. */
> -           proc_exit(0);
> +           /* The logical replication launcher can be stopped at any time.
> +            * Use exit status 1 so the background worker is restarted. */
> +           proc_exit(1);
> I know I am noisy on the matter but... This comment format is not PG-like.

That's since been repaired by the new pgindent run.  But what I'm a bit
confused about is why we're going for proc_exit() for replication
launchers when other types of processes simply FATAL out?  Seems like a
weird change.  It's not like it's not log-worthy if somebody kills the
launcher?

- Andres

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] RLS in CTE incorrect permission failure
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] RLS in CTE incorrect permission failure