Re: [BUGS] [HACKERS] Re: Postgresql bug report - unexpected behaviorof suppress_redundant_updates_trigger

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [BUGS] [HACKERS] Re: Postgresql bug report - unexpected behaviorof suppress_redundant_updates_trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:

> As I mentioned upthread, it'd certainly be possible for the trigger
> to iterate through the fields in a datatype-aware fashion and undo
> compression or out-of-lineing before the comparison.  But that would
> eat a lot more cycles than the current implementation, and it seems
> dubious that it's worth it.  If the trigger is succeeding (ie,
> detecting a no-op update) often enough that it would be worth that,
> you've really got an application-stupidity problem to fix.

ISTM the whole point of suppress_redundant_updates_trigger is to cope
with application stupidity.

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] [HACKERS] Re: Postgresql bug report - unexpected behavior of suppress_redundant_updates_trigger
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] [HACKERS] Re: Postgresql bug report - unexpected behavior of suppress_redundant_updates_trigger