Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindentimplementation

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindentimplementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 03:56:47PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> can be.  I managed to tweak bsdindent so that its output matches
> what entab would do, by dint of the attached patch, which implements
> the rule "use a space instead of a tab if the tab would only move
> one column and we don't need another tab after it".  (I think entab
> is being weird with the second half of that rule, but if I remove it,
> I get circa a thousand lines of invisible whitespace changes; probably
> better not to deal with those.  With no patch at all, just letting
> bsdindent do what it does now, there's circa ten thousand changed lines.)

Yeah, entab was designed to do that, via this C comment:
/* * Is the next character going to be a tab?  We do tab * replacement in the current spot if the next char is * going
tobe a tab and ignore min_spaces. */

http://enterprisedb.com