Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Data at rest encryption

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Data at rest encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter,

* Peter Eisentraut (peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 6/13/17 15:20, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > And then you would need openssl on the other system to decrypt it.
>
> Or make the USB file system encrypted as well?  If you're in that kind
> of environment, that would surely be feasible, if not required.

Right, but requiring file system encryption to work on a USB stick
across different types of systems strikes me as actually a higher bar
than requiring openssl to exist on both the source and destination
sides.

Naturally, if the environment you're in has already solved that problem
across the enterprise then it's a good approach, although you might want
to use a different encryption key, perhaps, though hopefully that's
something you'd be able to do pretty easily too.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Data at rest encryption
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Data at rest encryption