Re: [HACKERS] ICU support on Windows

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ICU support on Windows
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] ICU support on Windows  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 3:13 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Ashutosh Sharma wrote:

> >> Yes, that's right, Win64 download uses lib64 path and in my case i had
> >> renamed lib64-> lib and bin64-> bin which i guess is not a right thing
> >> to do. I think, we should allow Solution.pm to detect the platform and
> >> make a decision on the library path accordingly. Attached patch does
> >> that. Please have a look let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks.
> >
> > Uh, that's pretty odd.  Is it something libicu-specific?  Because I
> > don't see any other occurrence of \lib64\ anywhere in the MSVC build
> > scripts.
>
> I do some low level packaging on Windows (libxml2, libxslt, etc.), and
> the compilation code usually allows you to usually use the
> installation paths you want. At the end using only lib/ looks more
> generic to me, and I did the same renaming as Ashutosh after unzipping
> their files. There is already "Program Files" and "Program Files
> (x86)" to make such distinctions.

Oh my.  And then they say Microsoft has the brightest minds in the
planet ...  (apparently they're all at Facebook nowadays actually. Go
figure.)

Is this a problem on the packaging machine only, or does it cause
fall-out on the machine in which the program runs?

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Relpartbound, toasting and pg_class
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Relpartbound, toasting and pg_class