Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance

От Nicolas Paris
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I tried the copy command, and that indeed works quite brilliantly:
> Inserted 24000000 rows in 22004 milliseconds, 1090710.7798582076 rows per
> second
>
> That's faster than Oracle. But with a very bad interface I have to say for
> normal database work.. I will try to make this work in the tooling, but it
> needs some very special code to format all possible values properly, and to
> manage the end of the copy, so it is not usable in general which is a pity, I
> think.

Have you thought about the COPY with binary format ? Thats looks more
robust than the text format you used in your benchmarks.

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance