Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GSOC 17] Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GSOC 17] Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GSOC 17] Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions  ("Mengxing Liu" <liu-mx15@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Mengxing Liu wrote:
> Hi,  Alvaro and Kevin.
>
> > Anyway, this is just my analysis.
> > So I want to hack the PG and count the conflict lists' size of transactions. That would be more accurate.
>
> In the last week, I hacked the PG to add an additional thread to count RWConflict list lengths.
> And tune the benchmark to get more conflict. But the result is still not good.

Kevin mentioned during PGCon that there's a paper by some group in
Sydney that developed a benchmark on which this scalability problem
showed up very prominently.  I think your first step should be to
reproduce their results -- my recollection is that Kevin says you
already know that paper, so please dedicate some time to analyze it and
reproduce their workload.