Re: [PERFORM] Client Server performance & UDS

От Karl Czajkowski
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Client Server performance & UDS
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On May 30, Rick Otten modulated:

> If your clients are keeping persistent connections open to the
> database, and the latency you are experiencing is within the
> transaction itself, you might look at disk I/O for your WAL (write
> ahead logs) and take a closer look at WAL and checkpoint tuning.

Also, if you are doing similar operations over and over with literal
data in them, you may have more query planner overhead per transaction
than if you prepared statements when opening the persistent connection
and then simply executed the statements over and over with different
parameters for each request.

Karl