Re: [DOCS] Legal Notice page in 10 not "backwards compatible" inonline docs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [DOCS] Legal Notice page in 10 not "backwards compatible" inonline docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> The Legal Notice page has in 10 changed from being uppercased to lowercased,
> and in the process the site no longer sees it as being present in previous
> version of the documentation:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/LEGALNOTICE.html
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/legalnotice.html
>
> The 9.6 page lists "This page in other versions:” from 7.4 to 9.6 while the 10
> version of the same page (albeit with minor stylistic changes) is only listed
> as being present in 10 and devel.  Not sure if the case change is what caused
> that to happen though, it was just what caught my attention (looking at the
> code I was not able to quickly find the cause).
>
> While not the most critical issue, consistency with earlier versions would be a
> good thing as the page does exist there.

I think this is worth fixing -- perhaps not because the "legal notice"
page itself is terribly important to carry forward, but rather because a
fix would presumably also fix the pg_xlogdump -> pg_waldump ones, which
have the same problem and from a user's point of view are more critical.