Re: [GENERAL] Help: Installing 9.6 breaks local connections to 9.2on Centos 6.9

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Help: Installing 9.6 breaks local connections to 9.2on Centos 6.9
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 12:55:48PM -0700, Ken Tanzer wrote:
> Hi.  On a Centos 6.9 server (in the cloud with Rackspace), I'm wanting to
> install PGDG 9.6 alongside the already-running 9.2.  After installing the
> 9.6 packages (and even before doing an initdb), I am no
> longer able to make a local connection to the 9.2 server.  Instead I get
> the message:

See eg.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/21044.1326496507@sss.pgh.pa.us
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0A21BC93-7B9C-476E-AAF4-0FF71708E87F@elevated-dev.com

I'm guessing you upgraded the client libraries, which probably change the
(default) socket path.

Your options are to specify path to the socket (maybe in /tmp for running
PG92?), change to TCP connection, or specify server option
unix_socket_directories.

Justin