Re: [GENERAL] Top posting....

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Top posting....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
George Neuner wrote:
> On Thu, 11 May 2017 13:43:52 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> wrote:

> >Personally, when I've scrolled down through a couple of pages of quoted
> >and re-quoted text and see no sign of it ending any time soon, I tend
> >to stop reading.
>
> I agree 100%.  But excessive brevity can make it so a reader can't
> follow the conversation.  Users of web forums often assume *you* can
> easily look back up the thread because *they* can.  In my experience,
> it isn't always easy to do.

Fortunately, we (postgresql.org) have set up our mailing list archives
so that it _is_ possible to look back entire threads.  Our archives have
proven time and again an extremely valuable resource, and we pride on
their quality and completeness (and the fact that we never ever break
links even when the website is rewritten).  There is always full context
in these lists, if you need it.