Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Ubuntu 16.10?

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Ubuntu 16.10?
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Colin 't Hart 2017-05-08 <CAMon-aQaY6vxHnx2_R2ZE4LggY4-U5dAhNXOorSV16vtCNzceQ@mail.gmail.com>
> Why is Ubuntu 17.04 (Zesty) available as a release on the PGDG
> repository, but 16.10 (Yakkety) isn't, even though both aren't LTS
> releases?
>
> I'm using the 16.04 (Xenial) packages on 16.10 without a problem;
> would it be (easily) possible to add Yakkety and point it at the same
> packages? Or is that something you don't want to do as it would imply
> that the packages are in some way supported?
>
> Thanks for providing these packages, BTW!

Hi Colin,

the postgis packages from xenial are not installable on yakkety and
zesty because libcgal (or something related) changed soname. We were
aware of the problem for some time, but until I got to fix it, zesty
was near release, so adding yakkety did not seem like an investment
that would hold long, so we went directly for zesty.

Adding a new distribution is mostly mechanical work (triggering
rebuilds of everything), but still takes a few hours to check
everything is in order.

Christoph
--
Senior Berater, Tel.: +49 2166 9901 187
credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080, USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209