Re: [SQL] Most recent row

От Gary Stainburn
Тема Re: [SQL] Most recent row
Дата
Re: [SQL] Most recent row  (Bob Edwards <bob@cs.anu.edu.au>)
Список pgsql-sql
On Friday 05 May 2017 11:00:37 hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 10:44:54AM +0100, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > > How many rows are in people? How many in assessments? Do you really
> > > want data on all people? Or just some?
> >
> > I was looking for a balanced solution, combining performance and SQL
> > 'purity'.
>
> Solution depends on answers to questions I asked. Will you always get
> data for all people? Or just some? How many assessments per person will
> there usually be?
>
> Best regards,
>
> depesz

Oddly, part of my reply was missing.

As I said, there are currently 720 rows in the people table.
The will be a new assessment record for each person roughly every six months.
The dataset will be open ended so will slowly but indefinitely grow.

The part that was missing was that there will be new people records added who
initially will not have an assessment. They will still need to be included in
the report.