Re: [HACKERS] subscription worker doesn't start immediately oneabled

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: [HACKERS] subscription worker doesn't start immediately oneabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 27 Apr 2017 00:51:03 +0900, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote in
<CAHGQGwEQH4V2aU=wbA4Mcc+uRsrLS2rpRONLZyB2EL=f=UNypA@mail.gmail.com>
<3d6a1bd0-08ce-301d-3336-ec9f623a315d@2ndquadrant.com>

> >> committed, thanks
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> This patch makes me think that CREATE SUBSCRIPTION should also wake up
> the launcher only when ENABLE is specified. Patch attached. Thought?

I don't think it works as expected. Disabling of a subsciption is
detected by the *worker* itself then it terminates by
itself. Only open apply transactions can prevent the behavior.

However, of course waking up the launcher either on enabling and
disabling doesn't harm anything.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi