Re: [GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 2017-04-24 16:07:01 -0400, Rader, David wrote:
>> As Tom mentioned, it sounds like the issue is that Presto expects to only
>> use simple query, not extended query (no server-side prepared statements).
>> The JDBC driver supports setting the prepare threshold to 0 to disable
>> using server-side prepares.
>>
>> https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/publicapi/org/postgresql/PGStatement.html#setPrepareThreshold-int-
>>
>> "If threshold is zero, server-side prepare will not be used."
>
> Note that you can use the extended protocol without server side
> prepares...

Quite correct. Just setting the prepare threshold to 0 does not
prevent PostgreSQL from using extended queries. So the only way not
using extended queires with JDBC is setting the protocol version to 2.
I wonder why PostgreSQL JDBC does not provide similar API to ODBC...

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan