[BUGS] BUG #14621: ERROR: compressed data is corrupt

От lara.schembri@nyxgg.com
Тема [BUGS] BUG #14621: ERROR: compressed data is corrupt
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      14621
Logged by:          Lara Schembri
Email address:      lara.schembri@nyxgg.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.4
Operating system:   Centos 7

Hi,

A few months ago, the master has failed due to a controller issue and had to
failover to the slave. The Controller introduced some data corruption which
was detected recently.

Currently I'm trying to archive an old table is not being used and during
the pg_dump the below error was given

ERROR:  compressed data is corrupt

I have identified that a text coloumn of the ctid (74127541,3) was
corrupted. This was done by doing a full table scan and wait for that error.
However, I would like to know how extensive this corruption is. Is there a
way to be able to extract all the corrupted CTID's and ignore them from the
copy.

Please note i have tried the chk function   declare t text;                            begin t := $1;
           return false;                              exception when others then return true;  end;

which did not work.