Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql

От John Iliffe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 07 April 2017 20:39:55 Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 04/07/2017 05:10 PM, John Iliffe wrote:
> Actually Ccing list this time

> > Well, it ain't that simple!  I am trying to take advantage of having a
> > new server that doesn't have to be in production until month end to
> > update everything to the latest and greatest.  Everything runs
> > properly on the existing server which is on Postgresql 9.2.1, using
> > mod_php to connect.
> >
> > Changes that I have made are:  update Postgresql, PHP, and Apache,
> > change to fcgi from mod_php (which should not get involved here, but
> > I backed out that change and still doesn't work) and the addition of
> > SELinux for security (none on present server).
>
> Aah, so a lot changed.
>
> Do you have a way of trying to connect using PHP that does not involve
> going through Apache?

Yes, running in command line mode under root; the output from one of the
cron jobs that hits the database seems to be as expected.  It uses a
database that hasn't been loaded yet and the error message from the
postgresql log says that.  (actually it says the role doesn't exist but
that is the correct response)  The point is, it does connect because it
tries to log in.

> > Also, using the on board firewall (firewalld) to provide a secondary
> > domain where the actual business processes run.
> >
> > So, I guess the answer is that the current arrangement has never run
> > correctly.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql