pg_dump recording privileges on foreign data wrappers

От Adam Mackler
Тема pg_dump recording privileges on foreign data wrappers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
If I grant a privilege on a foreign data wrapper like this:

    GRANT USAGE ON FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER postgres_fdw TO myuser;

from within psql, then a dump of the database produced using pg_dump
seems to lack an equivalent GRANT statement, even though it contains
the CREATE EXTENSION statement for that foreign data wrapper.

Am I usderstanding correctly that when I feed that output of pg_dump
back into psql it will result in a database that has the foreign data
wrapper but without the priviliges that were set in the database that
was dumped?  Is that really what is supposed to happen?  Is there a
way to get pg_dump to output the necessary statements such that
running the dump back through psql results in the same priviliges that
I started with?

I am using version 9.5.6.

Thanks very much,
--