Re: Why psql connection assumes default database name asthe username

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Why psql connection assumes default database name asthe username
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 09:37:44AM +1100, Neha Khatri wrote:
> > Sorry, but I don't agree.
> > I use databases named like users all the time, and love the fact that
> > I don't have to provide dbname when it's obvious.
> So, is it common practice to have a database name same as the username.
> What are the usecase advantages of the database name and username mapping?
> It would be good to understand.

Why wouldn't I use the name of user?

I can have multiple users on a servers that want to "play" with
database, so using db name the same as user name makes it trivial to use
and figure out who is using which db.

Best regards,

depesz