Re: [NOVICE] Why psql connection assumes default database name asthe username

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: [NOVICE] Why psql connection assumes default database name asthe username
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 08:49:11AM +1100, Neha Khatri wrote:
> I had the question specific to above two cases, when the database name is
> not provided. There is no surety of having a database name same as the user
> name. Then why assume the database name and try to connect to it. Is it due
> to legacy reason or due to some common database naming practice?

so what would you prefer to do, as psql, in such case? report error
unconditionally? after all - if user didn't provide db name, and you
don't want to assume db name that is the same as user name - then you
don't know what db to connect to.

Best regards,

depesz

Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] Why psql connection assumes default database name as the username
Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] Why psql connection assumes default database name as the username