Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql

От John Iliffe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 09 March 2017 16:37:28 you wrote:
> On 03/08/2017 10:12 AM, John Iliffe wrote:
> > I think you may have hit it but I'm even more confused now.
> >
> > I looked at the running Postgesql on the current server and there is a
> > 5th sub-directory called /data.  That is on the same level as the
> > /bin, /share, etc.  In this new installation it is not present and
> > neither is the postgresql.conf file, nor are the hba files that
> > restrict logins.
> >
> > So, my question:  is this a change between version 9.2.1 and 9.6.2 and
> > if so where is the postgresql.conf file (I can't find it on a scan
> > but it could be renamed I suppose)?
> >
> > Or, is there something wrong with the installation?  I went by the
> > successful conclusion message from make install and assumed everything
> > would be as expected in the directories.
> >
> > Any ideas as to what may have happened?
>
> Just realized this was an old post that just came through. I also
> realized that my explanation of where the *.conf files are was specific
> to a source default install. Package installs may locate them elsewhere.
> In that case as a Postgres superuser(postgres for example) do:
>
> test=# select * from pg_settings where sourcefile is not null;
>
> name            | DateStyle
> setting         | ISO, MDY
> unit            | NULL
> category        | Client Connection Defaults / Locale and Formatting
> short_desc      | Sets the display format for date and time values.
> extra_desc      | Also controls interpretation of ambiguous date inputs.
> context         | user
> vartype         | string
> source          | configuration file
> min_val         | NULL
> max_val         | NULL
> enumvals        | NULL
> boot_val        | ISO, MDY
> reset_val       | ISO, MDY
> sourcefile      | /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf
> sourceline      | 538
> pending_restart | f
>
> And look for the sourcefile location.
>
> > John

Thanks Adrian.

I had figured that out eventually, and found the missing files where you said
they were.

Appreciate the info on how to get the configuration values.  A lot seems to
have changed since I started using Postgresql and I guess I should really
read up on how things work now and not in 2008!

Regards,

John