Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql

От John Iliffe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, that file was present, so I deleted it.  Attempted to restart and got
the same result:

LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Cannot assign requested address
HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a
few seconds and retry.
LOG:  database system was interrupted; last known up at 2017-03-07 22:48:24
EST
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  invalid record length at 0/15610C8: wanted 24, got 0
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

When the programme exited it left another postmaster.pid file so I deleted
that one too.

John
===================================
On Tuesday 07 March 2017 23:26:40 Melvin Davidson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:17 PM, John Iliffe <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca> wrote:
> > I was unable to get postgres started so I did a very basic
> > compile/install to test it.  The configuration line was:
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/postgres-9.6.2
> >
> > --------------------------------
> > Then I ran make which completed as expected:
> >
> > make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/postgresql-9.6.2/config'
> > All of PostgreSQL successfully made. Ready to install.
> >
> > --------------------------------------
> > Then make check
> >
> > make check
> >
> > =======================
> >
> >  All 167 tests passed.
> >
> > =======================
> >
> > make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/postgresql-9.6.2/src/test/regress'
> >
> > Then make install as user root because of directory permissions.  I
> > have the expected files in /usr/postgres_9.6.2
> >
> > Now, running as user postgres I try and start as stated in the manual
> >
> > postgres -D /usr/pgsql_tablespaces
> >
> > initdb has already been run and the directory pgsql_tablespaces has a
> > number of files as expected.  As yet no database has been defined
> > because psql won't start.
> >
> > The result is:
> > [postgres@prod04 postgresql-9.6.2]$ postgres -D /usr/pgsql_tablespaces
> > LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Cannot assign requested address
> > HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not,
> > wait a few seconds and retry.
> > LOG:  database system was shut down at 2017-03-07 22:22:57 EST
> > LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
> > LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
> > LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
> >
> > Same results if I use pg_ctl to start the process.
> >
> > I checked with lsof and there is no process bound to socket 5432.
> > There is no entry in /var/run for a socket related to postgresql.
> >
> > I thought it might be a security issue so I put SELinux in permissive
> > mode but the result is the same.  The SELinux journal does not show
> > any warnings on this process.
> >
> > [root@prod04 postgresql-9.6.2]# sestatus
> > SELinux status:                 enabled
> > SELinuxfs mount:                /sys/fs/selinux
> > SELinux root directory:         /etc/selinux
> > Loaded policy name:             targeted
> > Current mode:                   permissive  <------permissive mode**
> > Mode from config file:          permissive
> > Policy MLS status:              enabled
> > Policy deny_unknown status:     allowed
> > Max kernel policy version:      30
> >
> > One thing that I haven't been able to find any the log files.  Where
> > are they
> > normally stored?
> >
> > So, any ideas as to where to go next to debug this would be
> > appreciated! This is a brand new server that I am trying to configure
> > so I have a fair amount of security clearance to chase things.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > John
>
> This is very suspicicious.
>
> >LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Cannot assign requested address
> [...]

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] import CSV file to a table
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] import CSV file to a table