Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: two slab-like memory allocators

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: two slab-like memory allocators
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

*preliminary* patch attached. This needs a good bit of polishing
(primarily comment work, verifying that valgrind works), but I'm too
tired now.

I'm not quite sure how to deal with mmgr/README - it's written as kind
of a historical document, and the "Mechanisms to Allow Multiple Types of
Contexts" is already quite out of date.  I think it'd be good to rip out
all the historical references and just describe the current state, but
I'm not really enthusiastic about tackling that :/

On 2017-02-28 00:29:44 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Not sure either, but suggest we add a StaticAssert asserting there's no
> padding; something along the lines of
>     offsetof(AllocSetChunkHeader, context) + sizeof(MemoryContext) == MAXALIGN(sizeof(AllocSetChunkHeader))

Included.

With Craig's help I've verified that the patch as attached works on a
platform that's currently failing. Thanks!

- Andres