Re: [HACKERS] pg_recvlogical.c doesn't build with--disable-integer-datetimes

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_recvlogical.c doesn't build with--disable-integer-datetimes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> My own compilers don't generate errors either, only warnings.  Maybe
> we could catch this sort of thing mechanically with a critter configured
> with -Werror as well as --disable-integer-datetimes, but I'm a tad
> hesitant to have a buildfarm machine configured with -Werror.  We'd
> be raising the stakes quite a bit on keeping the code warning-free
> for a specific compiler that might prove to be picky in silly ways.
>
> But if it were a pretty mainstream compiler that hadn't shown much
> evidence of wanting to throw useless warnings, maybe that's fine.
>
> Thoughts?

Note that Thomas' compiler was using -Werror.

I think we're at a point where one gcc plus one clang animals set up
with -Werror would be a good thing to have, and keep green.  In
practice, this list fulfills the role of such a compiler, only with much
higher communication overhead.