Re: [HACKERS] Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 15:23:00 -0500

> +            ereport(WARNING,
> +                    (errcode(ERRCODE_INTERNAL_ERROR),
> +                     errmsg("corrupted data found in \"%s\"",
> +                            LOG_METAINFO_DATAFILE)));
>
> elog seems fine here.  There's no need for this to be translatable.
> Also, I'd change the level to ERROR.
>
> +                     errhint("The supported log formats are
> \"stderr\""
> +                                    " and \"csvlog\".")));
>
> I think our preferred style is not to break strings across lines like
> this.
>
> +        log_filepath[strcspn(log_filepath, "\n")] = '\0';
>
> We have no existing dependency on strcspn().  It might be better not
> to add one just for this feature; I suggest using strchr() instead,
> which is widely used in our existing code.

Attached is a v29 patch which fixes the above problems.

The Syslogger hunk remains to be fixed.  I have no plans
to do so at this time.

Note that since I have to write an "if" anyway, I'm going ahead
and raising an error condition when there's no newline in the
current_logfiles file.   The strcspn() ignored the missing newline.
The new code could do so as well by negating the if condition
should that be preferable.

On a different topic, I pulled from master and now
I see that git finds the following untracked:

    src/bin/pg_basebackup/pg_receivexlog
    src/bin/pg_resetxlog/
    src/bin/pg_xlogdump/

I'd appreciate knowing if I'm doing something dumb
on my end to make this happen.  Thanks.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein