Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 - LAST CALL

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 - LAST CALL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit,

* Amit Kapila (amit.kapila16@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > If you have any ideas for projects, please go to:
> >
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2017
>
> There are few entries which seem to be redundant:
>
> > Implement WAL logging for hash indexes

Apologies, to be clear, the things listed under "Core Project Ideas" are
*not* going to be included in our submission, only those project ideas
listed below in the structured format will be.

I'm going to remove those "Core Project Ideas" from the page- they're
still there on the 2016 page, if people want to pull from them to
provide properly described project ideas.

> > Invent an async interface for the Append() node to use, allowing a way to parallelize queries across multiple
remoteFDWs or local tablespaces.

Again, that's under the "core project ideas" section, which was just
pulled forward from 2016 and are not going to be included.

If you have any comments on the properly formatted/described project
ideas, that would be great.

Thanks!

Stephen