Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-01-23 21:11:37 -0600, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> End user data damage ought to prevented at all costs IMO.

Really, really, really not. We should do a lot, but if that'd be the
only priority we'd enable all the expensive as shit stuff and be so slow
that there'd be no users.  We'd never add new scalability/performance
features, because they'll initially have more bugs / increase
complexity. Etc.

Andres

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WIP: About CMake v2
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WIP: About CMake v2