Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I took a look at this again, and it doesn't appear to be working for me. The library is being loaded during startup,
butI don't see any further activity in the log, and I don't see an autoprewarm file in $PGDATA.

There needs to be some kind of documentation change as part of this patch.

I'm not sure the default GUC setting of 0 makes sense. If you've loaded the module, presumably you want it to be
running.I think it'd be nice if the GUC had a -1 setting that meant to use checkpoint_timeout.

Having the GUC be restart-only is also pretty onerous. I don't think it'd be hard to make the worker respond to a
reload...there's code in the autovacuum launcher you could use as an example.

I'm also wondering if this really needs to be a permanently running process... perhaps the worker could simply be
startedas necessary? Though maybe that means it wouldn't run at shutdown. Also not sure if it could be relaunched when
areload happens.

I'm marking this as waiting on author for now, because it's not working for me and needs documentation.

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author