Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* Simon Riggs (simon@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 23 January 2017 at 17:12, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Just to make sure anyone reading the mailing list archives isn't
> >> confused, running pg_start_backup does *not* make PG stop writing to
> >> BASEDIR (or DATADIR, or anything, really).  PG *will* continue to write
> >> data into BASEDIR after pg_start_backup has been called.
> >
> > Correct.  Unfortunately it is a very common myth that it does cause
> > PostgreSQL to stop writing to the base dir.
>
> Never heard that one before. Wow. Who's been saying that?

Well, this conversation started because of such a comment, so at least
one person on this thread (though I believe that's been clarified
sufficiently now).

> It's taken me years to hunt down all invalid backup memes and terminate them.

A never-ending and thankless task, so, my thanks to you for your
efforts. :)

> Never fails to surprise me how many people don't read the docs.

+1MM.

Thanks again!

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!