Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Petr Jelinek (petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> > Do you run with all defaults in those environments?
>
> For initdb? Mostly yes.

Ok, fine, but you probably wouldn't if this change went in.

For me, it's the other way- I have to go enable checksums at initdb time
unless there's an excuse not to, and that's only when I get to be
involved at initdb time, which is often not the case, sadly.  There's
certainly lots and lots of environments where the extra CPU and WAL
aren't even remotely close to being an issue.

* Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
> On 2017-01-21 12:46:05 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Do you run with all defaults in those environments?
>
> Irrelevant - changing requires re-initdb'ing. That's unrealistic.

I disagree.  Further, we can add an option to be able to disable
checksums without needing to re-initdb pretty trivially, which addresses
the case where someone's having a problem because it's enabled, as
discussed.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?