Re: [HACKERS] Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 11:08:23 -0600
"Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com> wrote:

> Hi Micheal,
>
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:26:43 -0600
> "Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com> wrote:
>
> > > v26 patch attached which fixes this.
>
> I was glancing over the changes to the documentation
> you made between the v22 and v25

If it were me I'd have the documentation mention
that the pg_current_logfiles() result is
supplied on a "best effort" basis and under
rare conditions may be outdated.   The
sentence in the pg_current_logfles() docs
which reads "pg_current_logfiles reflects the contents
of the file current_logfiles." now carries little
meaning because the current_logfiles docs no
longer mention that the file content may be outdated.

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."                -- Robert A. Heinlein