Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view

От Nicolas Paris
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le 10/33/2017 à 21:33, David G. Johnston écrivait :
>    On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Melvin Davidson
>    <[1]melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>    Can we all agree that the "Materialized View" should be faster
>    ​

Yes.
The OP told about a 500K rows view. Every select queries on that view will
have to fetch those 500K rows before - in any case this is quite slow.
However, 500K rows do not represent a huge physical space to
materialize. But do not forget to index/refresh the materialized views,
depending on the select set of queries to run.

Answer would have been different with 50K rows I guess.