Re: [HACKERS] Radix tree for character conversion

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Radix tree for character conversion
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Radix tree for character conversion  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, I found a bug in my portion while rebasing.

The attached patches apply on top of the current master HEAD, not
on Heikki's previous one. And separated into 4 parts.

At Tue, 13 Dec 2016 15:11:03 +0900 (Tokyo Standard Time), Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote in
<20161213.151103.157484378.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>
> > Apart from the aboves, I have some trivial comments on the new
> > version.
> >

> > 1. If we decide not to use old-style maps, UtfToLocal no longer
> >   need to take void * as map data. (Patch 0001)

I changed the pointer type wrongly. Combined maps are of the type
*_combined.

> > 2. "use Data::Dumper" doesn't seem necessary. (Patch 0002)
> > 3. A comment contains a superfluous comma. (Patch 0002) (The last
> >    byte of the first line below)
> > 4. The following code doesn't seem so perl'ish.
> > 5. download_srctxts.sh is no longer needed. (No patch)
>
> 6. Fixed some inconsistent indentation/folding.
> 7. Fix handling of $verbose.
> 8. Sort segments using leading bytes.

The attached files are the following. This patchset is not
complete missing changes of map files. The change is tremendously
large but generatable.

0001-Add-missing-semicolon.patch
 UCS_to_EUC_JP.pl has a line missing teminating semicolon. This doesn't harm but surely a syntax error. This patch
fixesit. This might should be a separate patch.

0002-Correct-reference-resolution-syntax.patch
 convutils.pm has lines with different syntax of reference resolution. This unifies the syntax.

0003-Apply-pgperltidy-on-src-backend-utils-mb-Unicode.patch
 Before adding radix tree stuff, applied pgperltidy and inserted format-skipping pragma for the parts where perltidy
seemsto do too much.

0004-Use-radix-tree-for-character-conversion.patch
 Radix tree body.

The unattached fifth patch is generated by the following steps.

[$(TOP)]$ ./configure
[Unicode]$ make
[Unicode]$ make distclean
[Unicode]$ git add .
[Unicode]$ commit
=== COMMITE MESSSAGE
Replace map files with radix tree files.

These encodings no longer uses the former map files and uses new radix
tree files.
===

regards,

--