Re: [HACKERS] PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATEand DELETE

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATEand DELETE
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATEand DELETE  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:

> +    if (query->commandType == CMD_UPDATE || query->commandType == CMD_DELETE)
> +    {
> +        /* Make sure there's something to look at. */
> +        Assert(query->jointree != NULL);
> +        if (query->jointree->quals == NULL)
> +            ereport(ERROR,
> +                    (errcode(ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR),
> +                     errmsg("%s requires a WHERE clause when the require_where hook is enabled.",
> +                         query->commandType == CMD_UPDATE ? "UPDATE" : "DELETE"),
> +                     errhint("To %s all rows, use \"WHERE true\" or similar.",
> +                         query->commandType == CMD_UPDATE ? "update" : "delete")));
> +    }

Per my earlier comment, I think this should use
ERRCODE_S_R_E_PROHIBITED_SQL_STATEMENT_ATTEMPTED instead.

I think this should say "the \"require_hook\" extension" rather than
use the term "hook".

(There are two or three translatability rules violations in this
snippet, but since this is an extension and those are not translatable,
I won't say elaborate further.)