Re: make unsuccessful on mac os x 10.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: make unsuccessful on mac os x 10.2
Дата
Re: make unsuccessful on mac os x 10.2  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Michael Fortin <pommele@mindspring.com> writes:
> This are the only log entries produced at startup:
> Failed to initialize lc_time to ''
> FATAL:  invalid value for option 'LC_TIME': 'en_US'

The first of these is a mistake (Peter thought he'd fixed it a month
ago, but his fix was incomplete; I believe I've fixed the fix, and am
about to reboot into OSX to check).  The second is OS X's bug: it ought
to take en_US as a legal setting for LC_TIME, but seems not to.  It is
depressing that Apple evidently didn't fix that in 10.2.  See prior
discussion
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2002-08/msg00062.php

It seems we have not done anything about trying to validate the user's
LANG/LC_xxx environment settings, and so initdb is quite capable of
accepting settings that will prevent the postmaster from starting.
The short-term fix is to fix your LANG before initdb, or tweak the
postgresql.conf file after.

Oh, and file a bug report with Apple ;-)

Сообщение: Re: make unsuccessful on mac os x 10.2
Сообщение: Re: make unsuccessful on mac os x 10.2