Re: Terminating a backend

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Terminating a backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am suggesting we add a new fuction pg_terminate_backend() that does
> everything just like cancel, but also sets a global variable that we
> check in the loop where we look for the next command and if it is set,
> we exit the backend.

And if you never *get* to that loop, what have you accomplished?

Keep in mind that 99% of the excuse for people to want to use SIGTERM is
that the backend isn't responding to SIGINT.  If you've fixed things so
that SIGTERM cannot get them out of any situation that SIGINT doesn't
get them out of, I don't think it's a step forward.