Re: [HACKERS] make more use of RoleSpec struct

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] make more use of RoleSpec struct
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:

> > The only functional issue might be the removal of the IsA() checks.  If
> > we don't cast any Node before passing it to any of those functions,
> > there should be no problem because any misfeasance will be reported as a
> > compile-time warning.  Perhaps it's worth adding IsA() checks in loops
> > such as the one in roleSpecsToIds().
>
> Maybe inside of an Assert() though..?

Yeah, I was of two minds when writing that para.  Maybe roleSpecsToIds
(and all similar functions, if any others exist) has a limited enough
caller base that it's trivial to audit that no bogus callsite exists.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Reporting planning time with EXPLAIN
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Reporting planning time with EXPLAIN