[HACKERS] Hooks

От David Fetter
Тема [HACKERS] Hooks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Folks,

One of our hidden treasures is the hook system, documented only in
random presentations, if you can find them, and in the source code, if
you know to look.

I'd like to document the hooks that we consider public APIs.

To do this, I need to figure out whether there are hooks that we don't
consider public APIs, ideally in some principled way.  C doesn't have
affordances built in for this, but maybe we've done something else to
indicate which are implementation details and which are public APIs.

Are there any hooks I should not document?  If so, how will I tell in
the future that a new hook shouldn't be documented?

Best,
David.

Remember to vote!