Re: [HACKERS] Questions regarding signal handler of postmaster

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Questions regarding signal handler of postmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I encountered that problem with postmaster and fixed it in 9.4.0 (it's not back-patched to earlier releases because
it'srelatively complex).

> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20DAEA8949EC4E2289C6E8E58560DEC0@maumau
>

> [Excerpt from 9.4 release note]
> During crash recovery or immediate shutdown, send uncatchable termination signals (SIGKILL) to child processes that
donot shut down promptly (MauMau, Álvaro Herrera)

> This reduces the likelihood of leaving orphaned child processes behind after postmaster shutdown, as well as ensuring
thatcrash recovery can proceed if some child processes have become “stuck”.

Looks wild to me:-) I hope there exists better way to solve the problem...

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Questions regarding signal handler of postmaster
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Questions regarding signal handler of postmaster