Re: [HACKERS] Time to retire Windows XP buildfarm host?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Time to retire Windows XP buildfarm host?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> ... and miraculously it has fixed itself.

And it failed again today, once.

Today I noticed that it's running gcc 4.5.0.  But for the 4.5 branch,
the GCC guys put out a few releases before abandoning it, and there are
some compiler segmentation faults fixed in some of these releases,
visible here:

https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=FIXED&target_milestone=4.5.1
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=FIXED&target_milestone=4.5.2
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=FIXED&target_milestone=4.5.3
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=FIXED&target_milestone=4.5.4

I think it'd be worthwhile to upgrade to the latest in that branch.