Re: [HACKERS] pg_background contrib module proposal

От David Fetter
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_background contrib module proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 06:31:52PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 21 December 2016 at 14:26, Andrew Borodin <borodin@octonica.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure every platform supports microsecond sleeps
>
> Windows at least doesn't by default, unless that changed in Win2k12
> and Win8 with the same platform/kernel improvements that delivered
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh706895(v=vs.85).aspx . I'm
> not sure. On older systems sleeps are 1ms to 15ms.

Apparently, as of 2011, there were ways to do this.  It's not crystal
clear to me just how reliable they are.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9116618/cpp-windows-is-there-a-sleep-function-in-microseconds

Best,
David.

Remember to vote!

От: Anastasia Lubennikova
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Parallel Index Scans