Re: [BUGS] Crash with a CUBE query on 9.6

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [BUGS] Crash with a CUBE query on 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2016-12-19 22:49:10 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 12/19/2016 09:37 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> > > The attached test case crashes on REL9_6_STABLE and master. On 9.5, it
> > > worked.
> >
> > As best I can tell, this is the fault of commit 804163bc2.
>
> Oh, the ball is right back in my court, then.

> Yes, that seems straightforward. I came up with the attached. Will commit
> tomorrow, barring objections.

No objections.

But an observation about how the code evolved lately (partially by me,
don't get me wrong): I think we've too much smarts at execution
time. IMO deduplicating transition states and such should much rather
done at plan time, and if we do it right we'd also get rid of the uggly
way AggState->aggs is built up...

Andres